Thursday, November 11, 2010

Chapped Lips And Bleeding Gums

idea of further testing

The last story reminded me of further testing. Chronological playback of A - D.

A)

final exam as a mechanic, a practical part. Test piece: sharpened base plate with holes and gaps. On the bottom plate mounted movable parts (turned and milled). The whole thing looked a little Tinguelyplastik similar. Time: 3 days. First made the base plate and stored in a drawer in the cabinet. Creating the other parts. In order to mount Overall I got the base plate out again. a shock, anger, despair. The bottom plate had been replaced! Before me was a "real botch. Poorly filed, to large gaps and holes. Received from the experts eliminate an additional two hours to the grossest errors. Note 4.5. Frustrated. Never took the test piece from.

B)

With h ochroten head as I left unmasked, disabled applicants, the Office of IBM again after a short time. Unhappy as a mechanic, although employment in the coveted research department, I reported on a listing of IBM in Bern as a service mechanic. Not out of genuine interest, more out of the feeling that something should be. Because knowledge was power condition and I had no idea of buying a small booklet Hallwag "electricity". The various electrical laws and formulas I learned by heart, without having understood the matter from scratch. This was observed by two experts, despite the simple but refined asked questions, within a few minutes.

C)

again had no real interest, railways and locomotives never interested me, I reported to the SBB as a train driver aspirant while at the police. Two-day test at the SBB . On the second day of individual handling. What remains is mainly the memory of a cleverly constructed machine. Alternately immersed in a rectangular peep-hole at the same time and again to small rings, squares, triangles, etc.. I realized in the set as a ring, I had to press with the right hand a contact, a triangle demanded the use of the left foot, etc. Such all four extremities were used. The expert left me alone in the room. Right foot, left hand, right foot back, then right hand, and so on and so forth. I felt like Charlie Chaplin. Finally stopped the thing again! The expert appeared. With the remark "so the whole thing again from scratch, but now with twice the speed and duration " He disappeared!

SBB came forward only after about 3 months. To my surprise, I had passed the exam, I knew it in the rail-related questions to nothing. I "had" to cancel because I now had already signed with the police.

D)

Regarding the entrance exam in police , which lasted for two days, I can only remember the endurance test. These consisted of one run over 4 km with a single start. Altenberg Bridge - Felsenau power plant back. Having no idea of running speed and disposition of forces, "died" I almost towards the end.

At the final inspection I've got mixed feelings. Front gathered the political and other celebrities, and all officers (Commissioners, etc.) of the Police Corps, throughout the year our faculty and now also examining experts, in Sunday uniform. We recruit relaxed sitting at the desks. Relaxed because we had to fear not to embarrass us. Beforehand, each of us was based on the prepared questions for him. So that nothing could go wrong, the correct answer to fix them. That the slogan "The police, your friend and helper" is not an empty phrase, we could thus learn from the very top of his own body. To reject the help would have been rude, or not? Still plagues me today the guilty conscience. In addition, I am sorry to have the image of the mitgekratzt by many people as integer held authority. In the past, not everything better than today.

inclined My regular readers know that I am the police, perceived as too boring, but also because otherwise, after two years resigned. My career then I found lasting happiness in the claims department of a large insurance company.

0 comments:

Post a Comment